EvE markets status
Many of you markets enthusiasts have loved CCP’s Chief Economist Dr. Ejyo’s periodic reports. They described a lot of neat EvE mechanics and events, including a number of indexes and markets analyses.
With this little article I may show you how to get a “feeling” about the EvE markets, like when you’d read Dr. Ejyo reports.
How to build it
The first step is to gather data. This web site has provided a number of tools to make it simpler and automated: how to import EvE markets data into a trading platform, or how to automatically populate your EvE client market data cache with appropriate markets.
They may be used to make yourself a picture of the EvE markets.
Step by step procedure
This procedure has been documented on the official EvE forums as well:
1) Open your market window.
2) Click on the “Price history” tab.
3) Make sure you have the chart enabled and not the table (the table works too but you need hawk eyes to notice what I want to let you see).
4) Make sure it’s set to “Year” (the last two options are to the bottom of the window).
5) Now, leave the market window open and also open your in game browser (IGB). Only using the IGB will work.
6) Enter this URL:
7) Click all the options one by one except the PI related ones (they require more advanced training) and then press “Stop” when they have cycled once.
In example, you pick “minerals”, wait for the minerals markets to finish cycling and return back to Tritanium then press “Stop” at the bottom of the page, next to the “Stop the updates” description. Then you go to the next buttons.
Here is a screenshot showing my setup. It allows for markets browsing while also letting me start and stop the markets browsing at any moment.